Proudly Serving Falls Church, Virginia
UrgentVet is located in the Seven Corners Shopping Center next to Target right off Arlington Boulevard.
12PM–8PM All Holidays
Save Your Spot
We understand what urgent means.
Welcome to UrgentVet – Falls Church
UrgentVet is here to serve pets in the District of Columbia area including those in Falls Church, Arlington, Madison Manor, Lake Barcroft, Mosby, Glencarlyn, and points beyond.
- Dog & cat specific exam rooms: Yes
- Large & small dog exam rooms: Yes
- Private comfort room: Yes
- Online check in: Yes
- Walk-ins accepted: Yes
- Percentage of pets discharged back to their home: 90%
- Open evenings: Yes
- Open weekends: Yes
- Open holidays: Yes
- Open overnight: No
- Preventative/general care: No
- Urgent care: Yes
- Diagnostics: Digital X-Ray machine, ultrasound, in-house lab
- Record keeping: Cloud-based medical record keeping software
- Pet health records & case information provided to regular vet: Yes
- Fear Free Casco Enclosures: Yes
- Open Date: September 2023
Read our press release here.
At Your Service
Amy Lynne Northridge
Amy Lynne Northridge grew up in Mullica Township, New Jersey where for as long as she can remember – she always loved animals. So much so that she would ditch Barbie Dolls to play veterinarian! To help her dreams come true and turn the game of play to reality, she attended Camden County College where she received her associates degree in Applied Veterinary Technology.
Amy brings a total of 13 years of prior work in the veterinary field to UrgentVet Falls Church with experience in general practice, orthopedic surgery, rehabilitation, urgent care, emergency/critical care/ICU and emergency surgeries. Her favorite memory stems from her time at a clinic where an owner surrendered a litter of 5 German Shepherd puppies. They could fit in the palm of her hand and was the first time she experienced neonatal care. She had to learn how to bottle feed and stimulate them. Instantly, she fell in love with one of the tiny babies and adopted her! Khalessi, now 10-years old and 38 kgs, now lives with Amy, her fiancé Dan, their 5-year-old daughter Kaylee, and their four cats. Khalessi is overall happy but is currently battling Osteosarcoma, but Amy promises to never stop advocating and caring for her.
Outside of UrgentVet, Amy can be found mudding in Jeep Wrangler on Brigantine Beach, exploring new trails, kayaking in the summer, and skiing in the winter. It is no secret that Amy loves to be outdoors and being near the water! Other than the veterinary world, Amy says that music is her muse.
Amy is honored to serve the pets of the Washington DC and the surrounding areas of Virginia.
UrgentVet treats cats & dogs - providing care for non-life threatening conditions that happen after your regular vet is closed. Here are some examples of the types of illnesses and injuries we treat.
- Coughing, Sneezing
- Excessive Drinking
- Eye Discharge & Squinting
- Not Eating or Not Drinking
- Poison/Toxin Ingestion
- Skin Allergies – Itching, Rashes, Hot Spots
- Upper Respiratory Infections
- Urinary Tract Problems – Frequency, Straining or Blood
- Back Pain
- Cuts & Scrapes
- Fracture Assessment
- Mild Lameness
- Minor Wounds & Lacerations
- Pain Management
- Post-Op Incisions
- Toenail Injuries
- Trouble Walking
Just Not Feeling Well
- Anal Glands – Scooting, Licking
- Anxiety & Motion Sickness
- Bad Breath
- Bites & Stings
- Ear Infections – Head Shaking, Ear Discharge
- End of Life Care-Euthanasia
- Hiding or Whining
- Hives & Facial Swelling
- Lumps & Bumps
- Vaccine Reactions
We Don’t Treat
Proceed immediately to the nearest veterinary Emergency Hospital, not UrgentVet.
- Hit By Car
- Overnight Hospitalization
- Kidney Failure