Proudly serving West Plano, Texas
We’re just off the Dallas North Tollway where it intersects with West Parker Road. Look for us in the Tom Thumb center near On The Border.
12PM–8PM All Holidays
Save Your Spot
We understand what urgent means.
Welcome to UrgentVet – West Plano
UrgentVet West Plano is here for pets in need of same day veterinary care for minor injury or illness. We serve Plano as well as the neighboring communities of The Colony, Hebron, Carrollton, Addison, Hunters Glen and points beyond.
Fast Facts About Our Clinic
- Dog & cat specific exam rooms: Yes
- Large & small dog exam rooms: Yes
- Private comfort room: Yes
- Online check in: Yes
- Walk-ins accepted: Yes
- Percentage of pets discharged back to their home: 90%
- Open evenings: Yes
- Open weekends: Yes
- Open holidays: Yes
- Open overnight: No
- Preventative/general care: No
- Urgent care: Yes
- Diagnostics: Digital X-Ray machine, ultrasound, in-house lab
- Record keeping: Cloud-based medical record keeping software
- Pet health records & case information provided to regular vet: Yes
- Casco Fear-Free Pet Enclosures: Yes
- Open date: March 2023
Take a virtual tour of our clinic here.
Read our press release here.
Zeus the Dog
West Plano, TX
Zeus came into UrgentVet – West Plano after he was bitten by another dog at the park.
Our veterinarian gave him a careful examination and determined that the wound needed a good cleaning and three sutures.
After the treatment, we sent him home with some medications to aid in the healing process. We also recommended that he follow up with his regular vet in the coming days to ensure continued care.
Bert the dog was out for his evening walk when he happened upon a chicken bone. Naturally he ate the chicken bone before his pet parent could intervene so they came right over to UrgentVet – West Plano.
We induced vomiting and the bones came out, thankfully.
We sent him home with instructions for rest and a non-bone diet. Bert’s nickname is “The Great American Snacker” and he definitely lived up to it on this particular evening. Feel better, nice fella.
UrgentVet treats cats & dogs - providing care for non-life threatening conditions that happen after your regular vet is closed. Here are some examples of the types of illnesses and injuries we treat.
- Coughing, Sneezing
- Excessive Drinking
- Eye Discharge & Squinting
- Not Eating or Not Drinking
- Poison/Toxin Ingestion
- Skin Allergies – Itching, Rashes, Hot Spots
- Upper Respiratory Infections
- Urinary Tract Problems – Frequency, Straining or Blood
- Back Pain
- Cuts & Scrapes
- Fracture Assessment
- Mild Lameness
- Minor Wounds & Lacerations
- Pain Management
- Post-Op Incisions
- Toenail Injuries
- Trouble Walking
Just Not Feeling Well
- Anal Glands – Scooting, Licking
- Anxiety & Motion Sickness
- Bad Breath
- Bites & Stings
- Ear Infections – Head Shaking, Ear Discharge
- End of Life Care-Euthanasia
- Hiding or Whining
- Hives & Facial Swelling
- Lumps & Bumps
- Vaccine Reactions
We Don’t Treat
Proceed immediately to the nearest veterinary Emergency Hospital, not UrgentVet.
- Hit By Car
- Overnight Hospitalization
- Kidney Failure