Proudly serving Southlake, TexasUrgentVet Pet Clinic Southlake is conveniently located between State Highway 114 and Southlake Boulevard, just off of Kimball Avenue. Look for us in Haverty's Shopping Center just around the corner from Staples.
Open Today Until:
12PM–8PM All Holidays
Current Wait Time:
We understand what urgent means.
Welcome to UrgentVet – Southlake
UrgentVet is here to serve pets in Southlake – along with those in the communities such as Westlake, Keller, Colleyville, Grapevine and points beyond in Tarrant County.
Fast Facts About Our Clinic
- Dog & cat specific exam rooms: Yes
- Large & small dog exam rooms: Yes
- Private comfort room: Yes
- Online check in: Yes
- Walk-ins accepted: Yes
- Percentage of pets discharged back to their home: 90%
- Open evenings: Yes
- Open weekends: Yes
- Open holidays: Yes
- Open overnight: No
- Preventative/general care: No
- Urgent care: Yes
- Diagnostics: Digital X-Ray machine, limited ultrasound, in-house lab
- Record keeping: Cloud-based medical record keeping software
- Pet health records & case information provided to regular vet: Yes
- Fear Free Casco Enclosures: Yes
- Open date: December 2022
Read our press release here.
At Your Service
Coral del M Rivera Román
Coral del M Rivera Román first discovered her desire to care for animals at a young age when she saw some birds who had fallen from their nest and were in need of help.
Later in life she earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Animal Science from the Universidad de Puerto Rico, Mayaguez Campus. In addition to animal science, she also studied Business Management.
Coral has worked in the veterinary industry since 2011, in general practice veterinary practices and emergency vet hospitals. She also has 5 years of management experience as an office manager and customer service manager. She believes this wealth of experience is ideal for her role as the Practice Manager of UrgentVet Southlake.
Coral’s philosophy to veterinary care is that the experience of the pet and the pet parent are equally important – and a positive outcome is achieved by way of exceptional communication and careful treatment.
She recently moved from Puerto Rico to Texas. Her favorite hobby is gardening. She loves her role at UrgentVet because it allows her to teach and mentor others – another of her favorite activities.
UrgentVet treats cats & dogs - providing care for non-life threatening conditions that happen after your regular vet is closed. Here are some examples of the types of illnesses and injuries we treat.
- Coughing, Sneezing
- Excessive Drinking
- Eye Discharge & Squinting
- Not Eating or Not Drinking
- Poison/Toxin Ingestion
- Skin Allergies – Itching, Rashes, Hot Spots
- Upper Respiratory Infections
- Urinary Tract Problems – Frequency, Straining or Blood
- Back Pain
- Cuts & Scrapes
- Fracture Assessment
- Mild Lameness
- Minor Wounds & Lacerations
- Pain Management
- Post-Op Incisions
- Toenail Injuries
- Trouble Walking
Just Not Feeling Well
- Anal Glands – Scooting, Licking
- Anxiety & Motion Sickness
- Bad Breath
- Bites & Stings
- Ear Infections – Head Shaking, Ear Discharge
- End of Life Care-Euthanasia
- Hiding or Whining
- Hives & Facial Swelling
- Lumps & Bumps
- Vaccine Reactions
We Don’t Treat
Proceed immediately to the nearest veterinary Emergency Hospital, not UrgentVet.
- Hit By Car
- Overnight Hospitalization
- Kidney Failure