Proudly serving North Raleigh, NCUrgentVet Pet Clinic North Raleigh is conveniently located in the Sutton Square Shopping Center at the intersection of Falls of Neuse Road and Spring Forrest Road.
Open Today Until:
12PM–8PM All Holidays
Current Wait Time:
We understand what urgent means.
Welcome to UrgentVet Pet Clinic – North Raleigh
UrgentVet is here to serve pets in North Raleigh – in neighborhoods like Jade Tree, Northwyck, North Trail, Ammondale, North Haven and points beyond.
Fast Facts About Our Clinic
- Dog & cat specific exam rooms: Yes
- Large & small dog exam rooms: Yes
- Private comfort room: Yes
- Online check in: Yes
- Walk-ins accepted: Yes
- Percentage of pets discharged back to their home: 90%
- Open evenings: Yes
- Open weekends: Yes
- Open holidays: Yes
- Open overnight: No
- Preventative/general care: No
- Urgent care: Yes
- Diagnostics: Digital X-Ray machine, ultrasound, in-house lab
- Record keeping: Cloud-based medical record keeping software
- Pet health records & case information provided to regular vet: Yes
- Fear Free Casco Enclosures: Yes
- Open date: September 19, 2022
Click here to read our press release.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Meet Sadie – our very first patient at UrgentVet in North Raleigh.
She came to us with an upset stomach and some vomiting. We tested her blood to help pinpoint the cause.
Thankfully, nothing major was wrong and we treated her with fluids to help with dehydration as well as anti-nausea medications. As always, we asked that she check in with her general practice vet to follow-up.
We loved meeting you, Sadie!
At Your Service
Derek is a native North Carolinian, coming to the Oak City from Moore County, NC. Robbins, to be exact. Derek had big dreams as a child, he wanted to do something related in the animal field but didn’t exactly know what. He found a passion for education and pursued a degree in middle school language arts and special education from Campbell University in Buies Creek, NC (Go Camels!). He was an educator in the Wake County Public school system for 2 years. During that time Derek adopted his first puppy and the rest was history. Derek saw the love, passion, and dedication that veterinary professional put into their workday in and day out and he wanted “in”.
He began his Veterinary career in 2014 as a receptionist. Derek has performed every role in clinic, from the clerical to the functional. He has over 9 years over experience in General Practice and enjoys spending time with his dogs in his free time (Roo, 3 years and Porter, 6 months).
He is an avid reality TV junkie and loves cooking and spending time with his friends, going to live events, and making others laugh. Now he is able to let his passions grow together: educating and leading others, and his love of animals and appropriate pet care to elevate his staff’s skillset and provide world-class pet care of his patients.
UrgentVet treats cats & dogs - providing care for non-life threatening conditions that happen after your regular vet is closed. Here are some examples of the types of illnesses and injuries we treat.
- Coughing, Sneezing
- Excessive Drinking
- Eye Discharge & Squinting
- Not Eating or Not Drinking
- Poison/Toxin Ingestion
- Skin Allergies – Itching, Rashes, Hot Spots
- Upper Respiratory Infections
- Urinary Tract Problems – Frequency, Straining or Blood
- Back Pain
- Cuts & Scrapes
- Fracture Assessment
- Mild Lameness
- Minor Wounds & Lacerations
- Pain Management
- Post-Op Incisions
- Toenail Injuries
- Trouble Walking
Just Not Feeling Well
- Anal Glands – Scooting, Licking
- Anxiety & Motion Sickness
- Bad Breath
- Bites & Stings
- Ear Infections – Head Shaking, Ear Discharge
- End of Life Care-Euthanasia
- Hiding or Whining
- Hives & Facial Swelling
- Lumps & Bumps
- Vaccine Reactions
We Don’t Treat
Proceed immediately to the nearest veterinary Emergency Hospital, not UrgentVet.
- Hit By Car
- Overnight Hospitalization
- Kidney Failure