Proudly serving Midlothian, Virginia.
UrgentVet is located near the intersection of State Road 288 and Route 60. We’re right off the Midlothian Turnpike at Winterfield Crossing. Loo for us next to Four Seasons and Cyclebar.
WHEN WE OPEN
OUR HOURS WILL BE:
12PM–8PM All Holidays
We understand what urgent means.Our UrgentVet mission is simple: We want to be here for your pet when your primary care vet can’t. Our goal is to provide quick, convenient, affordable care 365 days a year. Think of us as urgent care for pets in Midlothian, Virginia. We’ll be there when you need us most.
Welcome to UrgentVet – Midlothian
UrgentVet is here to serve pets the Richmond area, including those in the suburbs of Midlothian, such as Hallsboro, North Chesterfield, Rockwood, Tarrington, Roseland and points beyond
- Dog & cat specific exam rooms: Yes
- Large & small dog exam rooms: Yes
- Private comfort room: Yes
- Online check in: Yes
- Walk-ins accepted: Yes
- Percentage of pets discharged back to their home: 90%
- Open evenings: Yes
- Open weekends: Yes
- Open holidays: Yes
- Open overnight: No
- Preventative/general care: No
- Urgent care: Yes
- Diagnostics: Digital X-Ray machine, ultrasound, in-house lab
- Record keeping: Cloud-based medical record keeping software
- Pet health records & case information provided to regular vet: Yes
- Fear Free Casco Enclosures: Yes
- Open Date: June 2023
Read our press release here.
At Your Service
Miranda Mangum has had a passion and drive to care for animals since she was young. Her love for animals continued grow when she started horseback riding around the age of 9. Her grandfather saw this passion and aided her in getting her first veterinary job at 16. Since that time, she’s continued on to work almost 16 years in the veterinary industry.
Miranda graduated from San Juan College in New Mexico with an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Veterinary Technology. Her training consisted of ophthalmology, emergency, critical care/ICU, and oncology.
At home she has 2 dogs. A 10 year old Husky mix named Jake, named after Jacob from Twilight. Jokingly called Jake from State Farm since he has tan fur on his legs – s0, he truly wears khakis. She also has a 9 year old Labrador Retriever named Mulligan, who just wants all the love and attention.
With her spare time, she enjoys spending time with her husband of almost 7 years and her son. Her hobbies include reading and collecting books for her bookshelf. She is a huge Harry Potter fan, and her favorite animal is a wolf. Miranda is excited to be leading UrgentVet- Midlothian. As one of the first hospitals opening in Virginia, she’s honored to be among the first managers hired in the state.
UrgentVet treats cats & dogs - providing care for non-life threatening conditions that happen after your regular vet is closed. Here are some examples of the types of illnesses and injuries we treat.
- Coughing, Sneezing
- Excessive Drinking
- Eye Discharge & Squinting
- Not Eating or Not Drinking
- Poison/Toxin Ingestion
- Skin Allergies – Itching, Rashes, Hot Spots
- Upper Respiratory Infections
- Urinary Tract Problems – Frequency, Straining or Blood
- Back Pain
- Cuts & Scrapes
- Fracture Assessment
- Mild Lameness
- Minor Wounds & Lacerations
- Pain Management
- Post-Op Incisions
- Toenail Injuries
- Trouble Walking
Just Not Feeling Well
- Anal Glands – Scooting, Licking
- Anxiety & Motion Sickness
- Bad Breath
- Bites & Stings
- Ear Infections – Head Shaking, Ear Discharge
- End of Life Care-Euthanasia
- Hiding or Whining
- Hives & Facial Swelling
- Lumps & Bumps
- Vaccine Reactions
We Don’t Treat
Proceed immediately to the nearest veterinary Emergency Hospital, not UrgentVet.
- Hit By Car
- Overnight Hospitalization
- Kidney Failure