Proudly serving Westchase, FloridaUrgentVet – Westchase is located near the intersection of Racetrack Road and Countryway Boulevard. We’re in the Winn-Dixie Shopping Center right behind Starbucks.
12PM–8PM All Holidays
Save Your Spot
We understand what urgent means.
Welcome to UrgentVet – Westchase
UrgentVet is proud to serve pets and pet parents in the North Tampa area of Hillsborough County. From Town & Country to Citrus Park and from Westchase to Keystone and points beyond, we’ve got you covered.
Fast Facts About Our Clinic
- Dog & cat specific exam rooms: Yes
- Large & small dog exam rooms: Yes
- Private comfort room: Yes
- Online check in: Yes
- Walk-ins accepted: Yes
- Percentage of pets discharged back to their home: 90%
- Open evenings: Yes
- Open weekends: Yes
- Open holidays: Yes
- Open overnight: No
- Preventative/general care: No
- Urgent care: Yes
- Diagnostics: Digital X-Ray machine, ultrasound, in-house lab
- Record keeping: Cloud-based medical record keeping software
- Pet health records & case information provided to regular vet: Yes
Bella is a 1.5 year old French Bulldog. She was enjoying a day at the beach when she stepped on a stingray and got stung – with the barb going right into her paw. Ouch!
We used mild sedation to remove the barb and repair the laceration.
She was sent home with some pain medication, antibiotics, and instructions to rest. Bella made a full recovery and is back to enjoying running in the surf.
At Your Service
Lindsey’s training includes a Bachelor’s Degree in Animal Science from the University of Connecticut as well as a Certified Veterinary Assistant (CVA) credential. She has almost a decade of experience working in general veterinary practice settings, in the roles of veterinary assistant, technician and inventory manager. Her special interests include feline and geriatric medicine. At her clinic, she strives to make the experience as pleasant and fear free for both patients and pet parents.
In her free time, Lindsey enjoys traveling, hiking and kayaking. She has 3 cats (Pax, Blanket and Misty) and 1 dog (Samson).
UrgentVet treats cats & dogs - providing care for non-life threatening conditions that happen after your regular vet is closed. Here are some examples of the types of illnesses and injuries we treat.
- Coughing, Sneezing
- Excessive Drinking
- Eye Discharge & Squinting
- Not Eating or Not Drinking
- Poison/Toxin Ingestion
- Skin Allergies – Itching, Rashes, Hot Spots
- Upper Respiratory Infections
- Urinary Tract Problems – Frequency, Straining or Blood
- Back Pain
- Cuts & Scrapes
- Fracture Assessment
- Mild Lameness
- Minor Wounds & Lacerations
- Pain Management
- Post-Op Incisions
- Toenail Injuries
- Trouble Walking
Ain’t Doing Right
- Anal Glands – Scooting, Licking
- Anxiety & Motion Sickness
- Bad Breath
- Bites & Stings
- Ear Infections – Head Shaking, Ear Discharge
- End of Life Care-Euthanasia
- Hiding or Whining
- Hives & Facial Swelling
- Lumps & Bumps
- Vaccine Reactions
We Don’t Treat
Proceed immediately to the nearest veterinary Emergency Hospital, not UrgentVet.
- Hit By Car
- Overnight Hospitalization
- Kidney Failure