Proudly serving Orlando, FloridaUrgentVet – West Orlando is located in Ocoee, Florida at the intersection of Colonial Drive and McGuire Road in the Ocoee Corners Shopping Mall. Look for us near Tijuana Flats.
12PM–8PM All Holidays
Save Your Spot
We understand what urgent means.
Welcome to UrgentVet – West Orlando
Just off Florida’s Turnpike, between Clermont and Orlando, is the suburb of Ocoee. UrgentVet is here to serve the pets of residents and visitors of Orange County.
Fast Facts About Our Clinic
- Dog & cat specific exam rooms: Yes
- Large & small dog exam rooms: Yes
- Private comfort room: Yes
- Online check in: Yes
- Walk-ins accepted: Yes
- Percentage of pets discharged back to their home: 90%
- Open evenings: Yes
- Open weekends: Yes
- Open holidays: Yes
- Open overnight: No
- Preventative/general care: No
- Urgent care: Yes
- Diagnostics: Digital X-Ray machine, ultrasound, in-house lab
- Record keeping: Cloud-based medical record keeping software
- Pet health records & case information provided to regular vet: Yes
Leo had a swollen left eye so his quick-thinking pet parent fashioned a cone out of a cereal box and brought him in to UrgentVet – West Orlando.
The team did a flourescein test – which is a safe dye and a blue light that helps to reveal damage or foreign bodies present in the eye. The test showed a corneal ulcer. Leo was sent home with eye antibiotics, pain medications, and a plastic e-collar.
We followed up after a few days and we’re glad to report that Leo is doing much better.
Here he is arriving at the clinic with his sibling along for moral support.
At Your Service
Ashley was born and raised in South Florida. After 20 years, she moved to Gainesville and earned her bachelor’s degree in Animal Sciences with an emphasis on Equine Science from the University of Florida. Throughout her time in Gainesville, she accrued 4+ years of veterinary experience in laboratory research, general practice, and emergency medicine.
Ashley began her career at UrgentVet’s West Orlando clinic as the Lead Technician and was later promoted to Practice Manager. For Ashley, the most fulfilling part of veterinary medicine is collaborating with her team to nurse sick patients back to health.
During her free time Ashley enjoys exploring the Orlando food scene, vacationing, watching scary movies, and spending time with her family. Her family includes her husband, Juan, 2 dogs (Enzo and Beef) and cat (Minto).
UrgentVet treats cats & dogs - providing care for non-life threatening conditions that happen after your regular vet is closed. Here are some examples of the types of illnesses and injuries we treat.
- Coughing, Sneezing
- Excessive Drinking
- Eye Discharge & Squinting
- Not Eating or Not Drinking
- Poison/Toxin Ingestion
- Skin Allergies – Itching, Rashes, Hot Spots
- Upper Respiratory Infections
- Urinary Tract Problems – Frequency, Straining or Blood
- Back Pain
- Cuts & Scrapes
- Fracture Assessment
- Mild Lameness
- Minor Wounds & Lacerations
- Pain Management
- Post-Op Incisions
- Toenail Injuries
- Trouble Walking
Ain’t Doing Right
- Anal Glands – Scooting, Licking
- Anxiety & Motion Sickness
- Bad Breath
- Bites & Stings
- Ear Infections – Head Shaking, Ear Discharge
- End of Life Care-Euthanasia
- Hiding or Whining
- Hives & Facial Swelling
- Lumps & Bumps
- Vaccine Reactions
We Don’t Treat
Proceed immediately to the nearest veterinary Emergency Hospital, not UrgentVet.
- Hit By Car
- Overnight Hospitalization
- Kidney Failure