Proudly serving The Villages, FloridaUrgentVet in The Villages is located just off of Highway 301. We’re on East County Road 466 – across Leatherman Lane from McDonald’s and in front of Wal-mart Supercenter.
12PM–8PM All Holidays
Save Your Spot
We understand what urgent means.
Welcome to UrgentVet – The Villages
UrgentVet is proud to be a part of Florida’s Friendliest Hometown – The Villages. We stand ready to serve pets and pet parents of Sumter County. From Lady Lake to Wildwood to Leesburg to Summerfield, we’re here to help with minor injuries and illnesses that happen after hours, on the weekends or on holidays.
Fast Facts About Our Clinic
- Dog & cat specific exam rooms: Yes
- Large & small dog exam rooms: Yes
- Private comfort room: Yes
- Online check in: Yes
- Walk-ins accepted: Yes
- Percentage of pets discharged back to their home: 90%
- Open evenings: Yes
- Open weekends: Yes
- Open holidays: Yes
- Open overnight: No
- Preventative/general care: No
- Urgent care: Yes
- Diagnostics: Digital X-Ray machine, ultrasound, in-house lab
- Record keeping: Cloud-based medical record keeping software
- Pet health records & case information provided to regular vet: Yes
- Open date: July 2, 2021
The Villages, FL
Bugatti came into UrgentVet in The Villages with a painful torn toenail after playing hard outside. The team carefully trimmed the nail, cleaned the wound and bandaged the foot.
Bugatti was very brave throughout his visit. He was sent home with instructions to “Bee Careful” when playing.
Emmet and Scooter
The Villages, FL
Meet Emmet and Scooter – two cats who visited our clinic with upper respiratory infections. They were discharged antibiotics, eye medications, and a hefty dose of cuddles.
At Your Service
Brooke has over 7 years of experience in veterinary healthcare. She has a well-rounded skillset acquired at past roles in general practice, mobile wellness clinics, ophthalmology, and most recently ER and ICU. She has a Bachelor’s Degree in Biology and experience in wildlife research.
When she’s not at the clinic, she shares her life with her husband, Mike, and their three dogs, Cota, Nya, Megumi and their four cats, Crumple, Mu, Wink and Pixie – a full home!
Brooke is honored to lead the team at UrgentVet in serving the pets and pet parents of The Villages, Florida.
UrgentVet treats cats & dogs - providing care for non-life threatening conditions that happen after your regular vet is closed. Here are some examples of the types of illnesses and injuries we treat.
- Coughing, Sneezing
- Excessive Drinking
- Eye Discharge & Squinting
- Not Eating or Not Drinking
- Poison/Toxin Ingestion
- Skin Allergies – Itching, Rashes, Hot Spots
- Upper Respiratory Infections
- Urinary Tract Problems – Frequency, Straining or Blood
- Back Pain
- Cuts & Scrapes
- Fracture Assessment
- Mild Lameness
- Minor Wounds & Lacerations
- Pain Management
- Post-Op Incisions
- Toenail Injuries
- Trouble Walking
Just Not Feeling Well
- Anal Glands – Scooting, Licking
- Anxiety & Motion Sickness
- Bad Breath
- Bites & Stings
- Ear Infections – Head Shaking, Ear Discharge
- End of Life Care-Euthanasia
- Hiding or Whining
- Hives & Facial Swelling
- Lumps & Bumps
- Vaccine Reactions
We Don’t Treat
Proceed immediately to the nearest veterinary Emergency Hospital, not UrgentVet.
- Hit By Car
- Overnight Hospitalization
- Kidney Failure