Proudly serving St. Johns, FloridaUrgentVet is located off of I-95 at exit 329. We’re in the Shoppes at Beachwalk next to Publix. Look for us across County Road 210 from Crystal Lagoon.
12PM–8PM All Holidays
Save Your Spot
We understand what urgent means.
Welcome to UrgentVet – St. Johns
Nestled halfway between Downtown Jacksonville and Downtown St. Augustine is St. Johns, Florida. We’re delighted to part of Beachwalk and beautiful Crystal Lagoon community. We’re here to treat pets from the St. Johns River to the Atlantic Beaches and points beyond. Click here to take a virtual tour of UrgentVet – St. Johns. Click here to watch our segment on News4Jax’s River City Live.
Fast Facts About Our Clinic
- Dog & cat specific exam rooms: Yes
- Large & small dog exam rooms: Yes
- Private comfort room: Yes
- Online check in: Yes
- Walk-ins accepted: Yes
- Percentage of pets discharged back to their home: 90%
- Open evenings: Yes
- Open weekends: Yes
- Open holidays: Yes
- Open overnight: No
- Preventative/general care: No
- Urgent care: Yes
- Diagnostics: Digital X-Ray machine, ultrasound, in-house lab
- Record keeping: Cloud-based medical record keeping software
- Pet health records & case information provided to regular vet: Yes
Beautiful Zoey the cat came into UrgentVet St. Johns after she suddenly began limping on her front left paw following some playtime.
The team carefully examined her (and offered snuggles and kisses at the same time). X-rays showed no major damage so we gave her an injection for pain relief and some additional pain medication for her to take in the following days.
She made a full recovery after following her doctor’s orders to rest for 7-10 days.
At Your Service
Cassie is originally from Indiana, where she completed her associates degree in applied science and obtained her veterinary technician license. After working in a small animal preventative care hospital in Indianapolis for a few years Cassie and her fiancé, Alex, got the opportunity to move to Richmond Virginia where Cassie eventually got to work for a small animal practice and dive into complex surgical procedures and urgent care medicine. Recently they moved to Jacksonville, Florida and absolutely fell in love with the scene and culture. They are proud pet parents to three dogs. They love to spend their free time adventuring outside and doing anything that involves water!
Cassie always knew that she wanted to do more with veterinary medicine and fulfill a leadership role. She is so happy to be a part of the UrgentVet – St. Johns team as the Clinic Manager.
UrgentVet treats cats & dogs - providing care for non-life threatening conditions that happen after your regular vet is closed. Here are some examples of the types of illnesses and injuries we treat.
- Coughing, Sneezing
- Excessive Drinking
- Eye Discharge & Squinting
- Not Eating or Not Drinking
- Poison/Toxin Ingestion
- Skin Allergies – Itching, Rashes, Hot Spots
- Upper Respiratory Infections
- Urinary Tract Problems – Frequency, Straining or Blood
- Back Pain
- Cuts & Scrapes
- Fracture Assessment
- Mild Lameness
- Minor Wounds & Lacerations
- Pain Management
- Post-Op Incisions
- Toenail Injuries
- Trouble Walking
Ain’t Doing Right
- Anal Glands – Scooting, Licking
- Anxiety & Motion Sickness
- Bad Breath
- Bites & Stings
- Ear Infections – Head Shaking, Ear Discharge
- End of Life Care-Euthanasia
- Hiding or Whining
- Hives & Facial Swelling
- Lumps & Bumps
- Vaccine Reactions
We Don’t Treat
Proceed immediately to the nearest veterinary Emergency Hospital, not UrgentVet.
- Hit By Car
- Overnight Hospitalization
- Kidney Failure