Proudly serving Sarasota, FloridaUrgentVet Sarasota is located off of I-75 at Exit 210. We’re near the intersection of Fruitville Road and North Beneva Road. Look for us by Publix Super Market at Town & Country.
Open Today Until:
12PM–8PM All Holidays
Current Wait Time:
We understand what urgent means.
Welcome to UrgentVet – Sarasota
There is no shortage of adorable pets in SRQ and we’re happy to be the go-to urgent care clinic when minor injury or illness happens. From The Meadows to Downtown to Palmer Ranch, we’ve got you covered.
Fast Facts About Our Clinic
- Dog & cat specific exam rooms: Yes
- Large & small dog exam rooms: Yes
- Private comfort room: Yes
- Online check in: Yes
- Walk-ins accepted: Yes
- Percentage of pets discharged back to their home: 90%
- Open evenings: Yes
- Open weekends: Yes
- Open holidays: Yes
- Open overnight: No
- Preventative/general care: No
- Urgent care: Yes
- Diagnostics: Digital X-Ray machine, ultrasound, in-house lab
- Record keeping: Cloud-based medical record keeping software
- Pet health records & case information provided to regular vet: Yes
Carley came into UrgentVet Sarasota with an extremely swollen muzzle after eating some bees. We administered Benadryl and a steroid injection and she was noticeably better in a short time.
Carley was discharged after a bit of observation. When we called the next day to follow-up, her pet parents said she was feeling much better.
At Your Service
Morgan is Florida native, having been born and raised in the Bay area. Morgan began her career in the veterinary industry at a local primary medical hospital, at just 15 years old. She has since been practicing as a veterinary technician in specialty and emergency medicine for the last seven years.
Morgan’s wealth of experience has provided her with the foundation needed to lead others while providing exceptional care to pets and service to pet parents. She is happy her career path has led her to the position of Practice Manager for UrgentVet’s Sarasota (aka SRQ) clinic.
At home Morgan is engaged to her loving fiancée, Bradley. As well as stepmother to a wonderful six-year-old boy, Reese. She enjoys scuba diving, hiking and travel. Her favorite scuba trip was at the Georgia Aquarium where she swam with whale sharks. Her pets include a “Pack” of five canines (from German Shepherd to chihuahua), a small aquarium, three cats, and a Ferret named “Flash”.
UrgentVet treats cats & dogs - providing care for non-life threatening conditions that happen after your regular vet is closed. Here are some examples of the types of illnesses and injuries we treat.
- Coughing, Sneezing
- Excessive Drinking
- Eye Discharge & Squinting
- Not Eating or Not Drinking
- Poison/Toxin Ingestion
- Skin Allergies – Itching, Rashes, Hot Spots
- Upper Respiratory Infections
- Urinary Tract Problems – Frequency, Straining or Blood
- Back Pain
- Cuts & Scrapes
- Fracture Assessment
- Mild Lameness
- Minor Wounds & Lacerations
- Pain Management
- Post-Op Incisions
- Toenail Injuries
- Trouble Walking
Just Not Feeling Well
- Anal Glands – Scooting, Licking
- Anxiety & Motion Sickness
- Bad Breath
- Bites & Stings
- Ear Infections – Head Shaking, Ear Discharge
- End of Life Care-Euthanasia
- Hiding or Whining
- Hives & Facial Swelling
- Lumps & Bumps
- Vaccine Reactions
We Don’t Treat
Proceed immediately to the nearest veterinary Emergency Hospital, not UrgentVet.
- Hit By Car
- Overnight Hospitalization
- Kidney Failure