Proudly serving Richardson, TX
We’re located just off the I-75 Central Expressway at Campbell Road. Look for us in Canyon Creek Plaza near Snuffer’s Restaurant.
12PM–8PM All Holidays
Save Your Spot
We understand what urgent means.
Welcome to UrgentVet – Richardson
UrgentVet Richardson is proud to serve pets in Dallas and Collin Counties. From Far North Dallas to the outskirts of Garland, we’re here when your cat or dog needs same-day veterinary care for a minor injury or illness.
Fast Facts About Our Clinic
- Dog & cat specific exam rooms: Yes
- Large & small dog exam rooms: Yes
- Private comfort room: Yes
- Online check in: Yes
- Walk-ins accepted: Yes
- Percentage of pets discharged back to their home: 90%
- Open evenings: Yes
- Open weekends: Yes
- Open holidays: Yes
- Open overnight: No
- Preventative/general care: No
- Urgent care: Yes
- Diagnostics: Digital X-Ray machine, limited ultrasound, in-house lab
- Record keeping: Cloud-based medical record keeping software
- Pet health records & case information provided to regular vet: Yes
- Fear Free Casco Enclosures: Yes
- Open date: March 2023
At Your Service
Shyquinca Ford knew that she wanted to work with animals from a young age. After high school, she graduated from Louisiana State University A & M with a degree in Animal Science and technology. She has over 10 years of experience in the veterinary medicine industry working in general practice, large animal medicine, dentistry, and ophthalmology.
Her special interests are dentistry, dermatology, and animal behavior. She enjoys making the visit to the veterinarian as stress-free as possible for pets and pet parents so she’s delighted to be leading UrgentVet – Richardson’s team of Fear-Free Certified professionals.
In her spare time, Shyquinca enjoys traveling, baking amazing cupcakes, trying new sushi restaurants, and enjoying a nice cup of ice cream on occasion. She has two Shih Tzu mixes, Cody Maverick and Kevin Bandit, and one betta fish, Marcellus.
UrgentVet treats cats & dogs - providing care for non-life threatening conditions that happen after your regular vet is closed. Here are some examples of the types of illnesses and injuries we treat.
- Coughing, Sneezing
- Excessive Drinking
- Eye Discharge & Squinting
- Not Eating or Not Drinking
- Poison/Toxin Ingestion
- Skin Allergies – Itching, Rashes, Hot Spots
- Upper Respiratory Infections
- Urinary Tract Problems – Frequency, Straining or Blood
- Back Pain
- Cuts & Scrapes
- Fracture Assessment
- Mild Lameness
- Minor Wounds & Lacerations
- Pain Management
- Post-Op Incisions
- Toenail Injuries
- Trouble Walking
Just Not Feeling Well
- Anal Glands – Scooting, Licking
- Anxiety & Motion Sickness
- Bad Breath
- Bites & Stings
- Ear Infections – Head Shaking, Ear Discharge
- End of Life Care-Euthanasia
- Hiding or Whining
- Hives & Facial Swelling
- Lumps & Bumps
- Vaccine Reactions
We Don’t Treat
Proceed immediately to the nearest veterinary Emergency Hospital, not UrgentVet.
- Hit By Car
- Overnight Hospitalization
- Kidney Failure