New Port Richey
Proudly serving New Port Richey, Florida
UrgentVet New Port Richey is conveniently located next to the intersection of Highway 54 and Trinity Boulevard. Look for us near the entrance to Starkey Ranch.
12PM–8PM All Holidays
Save Your Spot
We understand what urgent means.
Welcome to UrgentVet – New Port Richey
UrgentVet has proudly been serving pets of New Port Richey, Odessa and greater Pasco County since 2020. Pet Parents from Starkey Ranch, Asturia, and The Preserve count on us to be there when after-hours injury or illness happens.
Fast Facts About Our Clinic
- Dog & cat specific exam rooms: Yes
- Large & small dog exam rooms: Yes
- Private comfort room: Yes
- Online check in: Yes
- Walk-ins accepted: Yes
- Percentage of pets discharged back to their home: 90%
- Open evenings: Yes
- Open weekends: Yes
- Open holidays: Yes
- Open overnight: No
- Preventative/general care: No
- Urgent care: Yes
- Diagnostics: Digital X-Ray machine, ultrasound, in-house lab
- Record keeping: Cloud-based medical record keeping software
- Pet health records & case information provided to regular vet: Yes
Penny came into UrgentVet because she was vomiting up rocks! Yes – rocks. She’d been to her doggy daycare and she decided to try this new cuisine while there.
Her pet parent was concerned and wanted to make sure there were no more rocks in her system and that she wasn’t injured.
We examined Penny and X-rays confirmed there were no more rocks in her system and she was sent home with something safer to put in her mouth at playtime.
Meet Gracie! This sweet kitty came into New Port Richey Urgent Vet due to not eating and lethargy.
During the physical exam, our doctor felt that she may have trouble going to the bathroom! We gave her fluids to hydrate and performed a treatment to help relieve those symptoms.
As always, we asked Gracie’s pet parents to check in with her regular vet in the coming day or so. Get well soon, Gracie!
At Your Service
Caroline entered the veterinary field in 2014 volunteering in animal shelters in Orlando, FL.
Her passion for treating animals drove her to general practice, where she furthered her technical skills. She joined UrgentVet in 2019 and supported the opening of Florida’s first and third locations. She is dedicated to providing excellent care to pets and clients and is excited to lead her team in doing the same. Caroline graduated from The University of South Florida with a Bachelor in Health Sciences.
Caroline spends her free time roller skating, going to the beach, baking, and relaxing with her two cats, Guli and Zola.
UrgentVet treats cats & dogs - providing care for non-life threatening conditions that happen after your regular vet is closed. Here are some examples of the types of illnesses and injuries we treat.
- Coughing, Sneezing
- Excessive Drinking
- Eye Discharge & Squinting
- Not Eating or Not Drinking
- Poison/Toxin Ingestion
- Skin Allergies – Itching, Rashes, Hot Spots
- Upper Respiratory Infections
- Urinary Tract Problems – Frequency, Straining or Blood
- Back Pain
- Cuts & Scrapes
- Fracture Assessment
- Mild Lameness
- Minor Wounds & Lacerations
- Pain Management
- Post-Op Incisions
- Toenail Injuries
- Trouble Walking
Just Not Feeling Well
- Anal Glands – Scooting, Licking
- Anxiety & Motion Sickness
- Bad Breath
- Bites & Stings
- Ear Infections – Head Shaking, Ear Discharge
- End of Life Care-Euthanasia
- Hiding or Whining
- Hives & Facial Swelling
- Lumps & Bumps
- Vaccine Reactions
We Don’t Treat
Proceed immediately to the nearest veterinary Emergency Hospital, not UrgentVet.
- Hit By Car
- Overnight Hospitalization
- Kidney Failure