Proudly Serving Lakewood Ranch – Bradenton, Florida
UrgentVet is located in School House Plaza on FL-64 in Bradenton between I-75 and Lakewood Ranch Boulevard. We’re right across FL-64 from Carlos E. Haile Middle School and near Arby’s and The Skillet.
12PM–8PM All Holidays
Save Your Spot
We understand what urgent means.
Welcome to UrgentVet – Lakewood Ranch
UrgentVet is delighted to be a part of the Lakewood Ranch community, serving pets in Bradenton and points beyond in Manatee and Sarasota Counties in Southwestern Florida.
Fast Facts About Our Clinic
- Dog & cat specific exam rooms: Yes
- Large & small dog exam rooms: Yes
- Private comfort room: Yes
- Online check in: Yes
- Walk-ins accepted: Yes
- Percentage of pets discharged back to their home: 90%
- Open evenings: Yes
- Open weekends: Yes
- Open holidays: Yes
- Open overnight: No
- Preventative/general care: No
- Urgent care: Yes
- Diagnostics: Digital X-Ray machine, ultrasound, in-house lab
- Record keeping: Cloud-based medical record keeping software
- Pet health records & case information provided to regular vet: Yes
- Open date: October 2021
Take a virtual tour of our clinic here.
Mo came to us feeling unwell. She was vomiting up water at first and then bile.
The team examined Mo and then ran bloodwork and took x-rays. She was diagnosed with Gastroenteritis – a condition where the dog’s stomach and intestines are inflamed. It can be caused by infection with bacteria, viruses, parasites, medications, or even new foods. The doctor gave Mo some fluids and medicine to help stop her vomiting.
We checked in with Mo’s pet parents in the days after her visit and they advised she was back to her adorable, playful self.
This beautiful cat is Ms. Calliope. She came into the clinic not feeling well.
The doctor diagnosed her with an upper respiratory infection.
We sent her home with an antibiotic, medication to help with nausea, orders for gentle snuggles and a request to follow-up with her general practice veterinarian.
At Your Service
T’Challa, also known as Lala, joined the UrgentVet Lakewood Ranch team in November 2021. Starting out as the team’s supervisor, T’Challa quickly climbed the cat tower ladder being promoted to Food Inventory Manager.
In spite of being a tri-pod cat, T’Challa is quick on his 3 feet and ready to run the show. He is here to make sure all his furry friends feel welcomed and comfortable while visiting us!
UrgentVet treats cats & dogs - providing care for non-life threatening conditions that happen after your regular vet is closed. Here are some examples of the types of illnesses and injuries we treat.
- Coughing, Sneezing
- Excessive Drinking
- Eye Discharge & Squinting
- Not Eating or Not Drinking
- Poison/Toxin Ingestion
- Skin Allergies – Itching, Rashes, Hot Spots
- Upper Respiratory Infections
- Urinary Tract Problems – Frequency, Straining or Blood
- Back Pain
- Cuts & Scrapes
- Fracture Assessment
- Mild Lameness
- Minor Wounds & Lacerations
- Pain Management
- Post-Op Incisions
- Toenail Injuries
- Trouble Walking
Just Not Feeling Well
- Anal Glands – Scooting, Licking
- Anxiety & Motion Sickness
- Bad Breath
- Bites & Stings
- Ear Infections – Head Shaking, Ear Discharge
- End of Life Care-Euthanasia
- Hiding or Whining
- Hives & Facial Swelling
- Lumps & Bumps
- Vaccine Reactions
We Don’t Treat
Proceed immediately to the nearest veterinary Emergency Hospital, not UrgentVet.
- Hit By Car
- Overnight Hospitalization
- Kidney Failure