12PM–8PM All Holidays
Save Your Spot
We understand what urgent means.
Welcome to UrgentVet – Lakeland
UrgentVet is here to serve pets in Lakeland – including the communities of Eaton Park, Lakeland Highlands, Highland City, Winston and points beyond.
Fast Facts About Our Clinic
- Dog & cat specific exam rooms: Yes
- Large & small dog exam rooms: Yes
- Private comfort room: Yes
- Online check in: Yes
- Walk-ins accepted: Yes
- Percentage of pets discharged back to their home: 90%
- Open evenings: Yes
- Open weekends: Yes
- Open holidays: Yes
- Open overnight: No
- Preventative/general care: No
- Urgent care: Yes
- Diagnostics: Digital X-Ray machine, ultrasound, in-house lab
- Record keeping: Cloud-based medical record keeping software
- Pet health records & case information provided to regular vet: Yes
Beautiful Brandey came in to UrgentVet with a sore and itchy spot on her skin.
The team carefully clipped the area around it and thoroughly cleaned the hotspot.
Brandey was a wonderful patient. As part of her treatment, we gave her some cuddles before sending her home with expectations of a full recovery.
Meet Pita the cat. Pita’s pet parents noticed he wasn’t maintaining his usual potty schedule.
We took some x-rays and discovered a case of constipation.
We performed an enema and everything came out great. Pita went home feeling much better and was back to normal in the following days.
At Your Service
MaryMargaret Staples has been in the veterinary field for over 10 years. She started as a kennel assistant and worked her way up to the role of practice manager. She has a Bachelor’s Degree in biology with a minor in chemistry and biophysics from the University of South Florida.
MaryMargaret spent a year in veterinary school at Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine on the island of St. Kitty until life had other plans for her. After leaving veterinary school, she joined a multi-practice organization and managed two practices for over 2 years. She’s delighted to be the Practice Manager of UrgentVet where she leads a team of veterinary professionals providing care for cats and dogs with minor illnesses and injuries.
When MaryMargaret isn’t at the clinic, you can find her spending time with her chickens, rabbit, dogs, and cats at home with her fiancé. She also enjoys visiting Disney World and exploring the parks. She loves to travel and would like to see the world one day.
UrgentVet treats cats & dogs - providing care for non-life threatening conditions that happen after your regular vet is closed. Here are some examples of the types of illnesses and injuries we treat.
- Coughing, Sneezing
- Excessive Drinking
- Eye Discharge & Squinting
- Not Eating or Not Drinking
- Poison/Toxin Ingestion
- Skin Allergies – Itching, Rashes, Hot Spots
- Upper Respiratory Infections
- Urinary Tract Problems – Frequency, Straining or Blood
- Back Pain
- Cuts & Scrapes
- Fracture Assessment
- Mild Lameness
- Minor Wounds & Lacerations
- Pain Management
- Post-Op Incisions
- Toenail Injuries
- Trouble Walking
Just Not Feeling Well
- Anal Glands – Scooting, Licking
- Anxiety & Motion Sickness
- Bad Breath
- Bites & Stings
- Ear Infections – Head Shaking, Ear Discharge
- End of Life Care-Euthanasia
- Hiding or Whining
- Hives & Facial Swelling
- Lumps & Bumps
- Vaccine Reactions
We Don’t Treat
Proceed immediately to the nearest veterinary Emergency Hospital, not UrgentVet.
- Hit By Car
- Overnight Hospitalization
- Kidney Failure