Open Today Until:
12PM–8PM All Holidays
Current Wait Time:
We understand what urgent means.
Welcome to UrgentVet – Lakeland
UrgentVet is here to serve pets in Lakeland – including the communities of Eaton Park, Lakeland Highlands, Highland City, Winston and points beyond.
Fast Facts About Our Clinic
- Dog & cat specific exam rooms: Yes
- Large & small dog exam rooms: Yes
- Private comfort room: Yes
- Online check in: Yes
- Walk-ins accepted: Yes
- Percentage of pets discharged back to their home: 90%
- Open evenings: Yes
- Open weekends: Yes
- Open holidays: Yes
- Open overnight: No
- Preventative/general care: No
- Urgent care: Yes
- Diagnostics: Digital X-Ray machine, ultrasound, in-house lab
- Record keeping: Cloud-based medical record keeping software
- Pet health records & case information provided to regular vet: Yes
Beautiful Brandey came in to UrgentVet with a sore and itchy spot on her skin.
The team carefully clipped the area around it and thoroughly cleaned the hotspot.
Brandey was a wonderful patient. As part of her treatment, we gave her some cuddles before sending her home with expectations of a full recovery.
Meet Pita the cat. Pita’s pet parents noticed he wasn’t maintaining his usual potty schedule.
We took some x-rays and discovered a case of constipation.
We performed an enema and everything came out great. Pita went home feeling much better and was back to normal in the following days.
At Your Service
Jessica Stone was born and raised in Lakeland, Florida. She’s honored to be leading the team at UrgentVet as they provide exceptional urgent veterinary care for pets in Polk County and points beyond.
Jessica has over 7 years of experience in the veterinary industry – including preventive care, emergency and ICU medicine.
As a single mother to a special needs child, Jessica has developed an ability to strive under pressure and to calm the storms of chaos. In her free time, she enjoys traveling, playing volleyball, and superhero movies with her son.
UrgentVet treats cats & dogs - providing care for non-life threatening conditions that happen after your regular vet is closed. Here are some examples of the types of illnesses and injuries we treat.
- Coughing, Sneezing
- Excessive Drinking
- Eye Discharge & Squinting
- Not Eating or Not Drinking
- Poison/Toxin Ingestion
- Skin Allergies – Itching, Rashes, Hot Spots
- Upper Respiratory Infections
- Urinary Tract Problems – Frequency, Straining or Blood
- Back Pain
- Cuts & Scrapes
- Fracture Assessment
- Mild Lameness
- Minor Wounds & Lacerations
- Pain Management
- Post-Op Incisions
- Toenail Injuries
- Trouble Walking
Ain’t Doing Right
- Anal Glands – Scooting, Licking
- Anxiety & Motion Sickness
- Bad Breath
- Bites & Stings
- Ear Infections – Head Shaking, Ear Discharge
- End of Life Care-Euthanasia
- Hiding or Whining
- Hives & Facial Swelling
- Lumps & Bumps
- Vaccine Reactions
We Don’t Treat
Proceed immediately to the nearest veterinary Emergency Hospital, not UrgentVet.
- Hit By Car
- Overnight Hospitalization
- Kidney Failure