Proudly serving Brandon, FloridaWe’re just off of Bloomingdale Road near where it intersects with Lithia Pinecrest Road in Valrico. Look for us right next to BayCare Urgent Care.
Open Today Until:
12PM–8PM All Holidays
Current Wait Time:
We understand what urgent means.
Welcome to UrgentVet – Brandon
UrgentVet is here to serve pets in Brandon – along with those in neighboring communities of Valrico, Fishhawk Ranch, Apollo Beach and points beyond.
Fast Facts About Our Clinic
- Dog & cat specific exam rooms: Yes
- Large & small dog exam rooms: Yes
- Private comfort room: Yes
- Online check in: Yes
- Walk-ins accepted: Yes
- Percentage of pets discharged back to their home: 90%
- Open evenings: Yes
- Open weekends: Yes
- Open holidays: Yes
- Open overnight: No
- Preventative/general care: No
- Urgent care: Yes
- Diagnostics: Digital X-Ray machine, ultrasound, in-house lab
- Record keeping: Cloud-based medical record keeping software
- Pet health records & case information provided to regular vet: Yes
This is Ziba – an adorable little 9-week old Samoyed.
Her pet parents noticed that she was urinating a lot – maybe too often.
After an exam and testing (including urinalysis), we determined she likely had an infection.
Antibiotics were prescribed for Ziba along with a follow-up at her regular veterinarian to be sure she’s all better.
Afton the cat came into UrgentVet-Brandon limping and in pain.
X-rays confirmed a fractured front leg. We administered pain medication and applied a splint complete with custom artwork.
Afton was discharged with instructions to rest, follow-up at her regular veterinarian, and enjoy extra attention and cuddles.
At Your Service
Taylor Howell is a Florida native who has over 9 years of veterinary experience. She’s worked in a variety of settings including general practice, shelter medicine, surgical facility, a reproduction clinic, and emergency clinics.
Taylor is honored to be serving as the Practice Manager for UrgentVet – Brandon,. Her wide range of experiences has provided her with plenty of insight to make sure you and your pet receive thorough and exceptional care at every visit!
When she’s not at the clinic, Taylor can be found spending time with her 6 rescue dogs and her cow, relaxing at the beach, or painting.
UrgentVet treats cats & dogs - providing care for non-life threatening conditions that happen after your regular vet is closed. Here are some examples of the types of illnesses and injuries we treat.
- Coughing, Sneezing
- Excessive Drinking
- Eye Discharge & Squinting
- Not Eating or Not Drinking
- Poison/Toxin Ingestion
- Skin Allergies – Itching, Rashes, Hot Spots
- Upper Respiratory Infections
- Urinary Tract Problems – Frequency, Straining or Blood
- Back Pain
- Cuts & Scrapes
- Fracture Assessment
- Mild Lameness
- Minor Wounds & Lacerations
- Pain Management
- Post-Op Incisions
- Toenail Injuries
- Trouble Walking
Just Not Feeling Well
- Anal Glands – Scooting, Licking
- Anxiety & Motion Sickness
- Bad Breath
- Bites & Stings
- Ear Infections – Head Shaking, Ear Discharge
- End of Life Care-Euthanasia
- Hiding or Whining
- Hives & Facial Swelling
- Lumps & Bumps
- Vaccine Reactions
We Don’t Treat
Proceed immediately to the nearest veterinary Emergency Hospital, not UrgentVet.
- Hit By Car
- Overnight Hospitalization
- Kidney Failure