Proudly serving Brandon, Florida
We’re just off of Bloomingdale Road near where it intersects with Lithia Pinecrest Road in Valrico. Look for us right next to BayCare Urgent Care.
12PM–8PM All Holidays
Save Your Spot
We understand what urgent means.
Welcome to UrgentVet – Brandon
UrgentVet is here to serve pets in Brandon – along with those in neighboring communities of Valrico, Fishhawk Ranch, Apollo Beach and points beyond.
Fast Facts About Our Clinic
- Dog & cat specific exam rooms: Yes
- Large & small dog exam rooms: Yes
- Private comfort room: Yes
- Online check in: Yes
- Walk-ins accepted: Yes
- Percentage of pets discharged back to their home: 90%
- Open evenings: Yes
- Open weekends: Yes
- Open holidays: Yes
- Open overnight: No
- Preventative/general care: No
- Urgent care: Yes
- Diagnostics: Digital X-Ray machine, ultrasound, in-house lab
- Record keeping: Cloud-based medical record keeping software
- Pet health records & case information provided to regular vet: Yes
This is Ziba – an adorable little 9-week old Samoyed.
Her pet parents noticed that she was urinating a lot – maybe too often.
After an exam and testing (including urinalysis), we determined she likely had an infection.
Antibiotics were prescribed for Ziba along with a follow-up at her regular veterinarian to be sure she’s all better.
Afton the cat came into UrgentVet-Brandon limping and in pain.
X-rays confirmed a fractured front leg. We administered pain medication and applied a splint complete with custom artwork.
Afton was discharged with instructions to rest, follow-up at her regular veterinarian, and enjoy extra attention and cuddles.
At Your Service
Amber has nearly a decade of experience in the veterinary industry. She has worked in multiple areas of the veterinary field including general practice, emergency, and zoo medicine. Through these experiences she has developed a love for animal behavior.
Amber graduated from Florida Gulf Coast University in 2017 with a Bachelor’s in Biology. She continued her education and graduated from the University of Florida in 2023 with a Master’s in Veterinary Medicine. She is committed to providing quality medicine while ensuring owners are well informed and comfortable. Her main career goal is to become a veterinary behaviorist and help owners work through behavioral issues with their pets to help decrease the chances of owner surrender. She’s proud to be leading the team at UrgentVet Brandon.
In her spare time, Amber is an avid hockey enthusiast and a die-hard Tampa Bay Lightning fan. She also enjoys spending time with her fiancé and their 5 animals.
UrgentVet treats cats & dogs - providing care for non-life threatening conditions that happen after your regular vet is closed. Here are some examples of the types of illnesses and injuries we treat.
- Coughing, Sneezing
- Excessive Drinking
- Eye Discharge & Squinting
- Not Eating or Not Drinking
- Poison/Toxin Ingestion
- Skin Allergies – Itching, Rashes, Hot Spots
- Upper Respiratory Infections
- Urinary Tract Problems – Frequency, Straining or Blood
- Back Pain
- Cuts & Scrapes
- Fracture Assessment
- Mild Lameness
- Minor Wounds & Lacerations
- Pain Management
- Post-Op Incisions
- Toenail Injuries
- Trouble Walking
Just Not Feeling Well
- Anal Glands – Scooting, Licking
- Anxiety & Motion Sickness
- Bad Breath
- Bites & Stings
- Ear Infections – Head Shaking, Ear Discharge
- End of Life Care-Euthanasia
- Hiding or Whining
- Hives & Facial Swelling
- Lumps & Bumps
- Vaccine Reactions
We Don’t Treat
Proceed immediately to the nearest veterinary Emergency Hospital, not UrgentVet.
- Hit By Car
- Overnight Hospitalization
- Kidney Failure