Proudly serving Charlotte, North CarolinaUrgentVet Pet Clinic-Ballantyne is conveniently located off I-485 at Exit 61. Look for us in Toringdon Market near Earth Fare.
12PM–8PM All Holidays
Save Your Spot
We understand what urgent means.
Welcome to UrgentVet Pet Clinic – Ballantyne
UrgentVet is here to serve pets in Charlotte – along with those in the suburbs of Charlotte, including Ballantyne, Montclaire, Providence Plantation, Barclay Downs, Weddington and points beyond.
Fast Facts About Our Clinic
- Dog & cat specific exam rooms: Yes
- Large & small dog exam rooms: Yes
- Private comfort room: Yes
- Online check in: Yes
- Walk-ins accepted: Yes
- Percentage of pets discharged back to their home: 90%
- Open evenings: Yes
- Open weekends: Yes
- Open holidays: Yes
- Open overnight: No
- Preventative/general care: No
- Urgent care: Yes
- Diagnostics: Digital X-Ray machine, ultrasound, in-house lab
- Record keeping: Cloud-based medical record keeping software
- Pet health records & case information provided to regular vet: Yes
- Fear Free Casco Enclosures: Yes
- Open date: June 23, 2022
Read our Press Release here.
This adorable little dog is Chloe. She came to see us at UrgentVet Pet Clinic in Ballantyne because she ate a button off of her dad’s baseball cap.
Chloe’s treatment plan included x-rays to try to find the button and also some medications for her upset tummy. She’s doing much better and her dad is hanging his hat up high from now on.
At Your Service
Kayla is originally from Buffalo, New York where her love for the veterinary field began. She earned her Bachelor’s degree in Veterinary Technology from Medaille College and began her career as a licensed veterinary technician. Her experience ranges from preventative and general care, and emergency medicine in Buffalo, New York to emergency and specialty care in New York City, to teaching future veterinary technicians in Orlando, Florida, to most recently beginning her career with UrgentVet.
She is passionate about helping clients and pets preserve their bond with the best medicine possible and providing educational opportunities for clients and her staff. Kayla is excited about the opportunity to serve the Ballantyne community in her role as Practice Manager.
In her free time, Kayla enjoys reading, exercising, and spending time with her husband and pets; a miniature dachshund named Eclaire, a yellow lab named Lemon, and a calico cat named Goob.
UrgentVet treats cats & dogs - providing care for non-life threatening conditions that happen after your regular vet is closed. Here are some examples of the types of illnesses and injuries we treat.
- Coughing, Sneezing
- Excessive Drinking
- Eye Discharge & Squinting
- Not Eating or Not Drinking
- Poison/Toxin Ingestion
- Skin Allergies – Itching, Rashes, Hot Spots
- Upper Respiratory Infections
- Urinary Tract Problems – Frequency, Straining or Blood
- Back Pain
- Cuts & Scrapes
- Fracture Assessment
- Mild Lameness
- Minor Wounds & Lacerations
- Pain Management
- Post-Op Incisions
- Toenail Injuries
- Trouble Walking
Ain’t Doing Right
- Anal Glands – Scooting, Licking
- Anxiety & Motion Sickness
- Bad Breath
- Bites & Stings
- Ear Infections – Head Shaking, Ear Discharge
- End of Life Care-Euthanasia
- Hiding or Whining
- Hives & Facial Swelling
- Lumps & Bumps
- Vaccine Reactions
We Don’t Treat
Proceed immediately to the nearest veterinary Emergency Hospital, not UrgentVet.
- Hit By Car
- Overnight Hospitalization
- Kidney Failure